Τετάρτη 4 Φεβρουαρίου 2015

WRETCH – Warriors review



 WRETCH – Warriors
Pure Steel Records
Here in Greece we say that good things need time to happen. “Warriors” is the sophomore full length album of the U.S. metal band WRETCH and their first in Pure Steel Records and it comes almost 8 years after their debut album “Reborn”. From the first time I listened to this album I realized that here I had a very interesting band to present. From then up to now I have listened to their release again and again and I can say that WRETCH have the ability to fuse their influences and craft them into their own personal sound. It is the way that they combine their experience and their skills as musicians with their love for traditional heavy metal that does the magic for them and of course for us the listeners. The band has in its artillery influences from IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, DIO, HELSTAR, TWISTED SISTER and even some German metal touches and these gave them the material to create this extremely good album. Also if I had to compare them with some modern bands I think that they are close to ZANDELLE. Finally I want to stand to the voice of Ron Emig which is really perfect for the traditional metal sound of the band and there are moments that he brought to my mind Dee Snider like in the song “Watching the World” which is my favorite one. If you have money to buy one album of traditional metal this month, then spend it for this release that you will listen to again and again and again….
grades9


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: