Παρασκευή 1 Μαΐου 2015

INFECTION - Acrotomophile Mutilator review



 INFECTION - Acrotomophile Mutilator
Independent
A mix between thrash/death/grind with a load of exquisite guitar amongst a bellowing low vocal output on each track except of course the intense instrumental. This album is just that though - INTENSE death metal that managed to be with a recording that authenticated the intricate work it takes to make a death metal release likable, palatable and exceptional. Each song is made up of music that is a like heavily distorted guitar with a tone that is thrash metal like whizzing all over the fretboard. This band shows so much promise and they need more audience to hear their amazingly original compositions. You get it all here - a wide array of musical styles and hate ridden vocals.
I'd have to say that I enjoyed the guitars the most on here because the music that they came up with was wholly original, though definitely you can hear those influences on each song. I know that the album itself wasn't entirely long - 32 minutes approximately, but most encouragingly well worth a listen to or many for that matter. There really was not a wide variety when it came to the vocals, but the tempos, the length of each song was about the same throughout. However there was an exception - one track was under two minutes. Even though they're a Peruvian based act, they definitely need a wider audience! This amount of intensity and originality has to get heard!
I don't favor their lyrical concepts, just the music. They're not a band that is really philosophically or politically based, they're straight gore-like lyrics fit, but to me, don't take an exquisite amount of creativity - their forces lie in the musical performances. Their songs vary from a wide array of time signatures - some slow, some medium, and some fast which includes a bit of blast beating. The guitars really show if I may enunciate the word DYNAMICS! The only thing that I didn't favor that highly of was the lead guitar, which wasn't featured on every track. That's the only real discrepancy I have with the album. There were only a few things as to why I didn't give the album a higher rating.
I will say this though: overall, this was not just an "A-" rating by whim, it is a rating that deserves even higher if the only flaws were in what I mentioned in the recording. The music to me I don't think after multiple listens ever got boring. I'm saying that the combination of everything that was in the music was wholly exceptional. The band really came through with their songs and the quality of musicianship is incredible. There really wasn't anything that was enticingly loathsome, so though I was originally thinking of giving this an "A", I stepped back a bit and had to knock off points because of what was production drawback coming from an independent release. However, this one is a gem!
If you're looking for death metal that encompasses diversity, “Acrotomophile Mutilator” is A MUST HAVE. It blew me away when I heard it the first time and I don't think that I'll get sick of it. The riffs from the guitar were incredible - they combined many different arrays of influences to tackle down their own unique overtures, inculcating dominance and precision. Not just an ordinary death metal album, this one is an extraordinary one! Let us hope that they get signed soon to a major record label and continue to explore their music to a wider audience. Check out their band camp page and be sure to buy the CD or digitally download their entire album because it's worth it!
Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: