Πέμπτη 27 Αυγούστου 2015

BIOTOXIC WARFARE – Lobotomized review



 BIOTOXIC WARFARE – Lobotomized
Slaney Records
It sounds like a joke, but I came across this band from Crete – Greece through Ireland. Let me explain myself. Slaney Records from Ireland sent me the new release of a band called BIOTOXIC WARFARE. While I was listening to the album, I did my research and I found out that the band comes from the beautiful island of Crete, they were created back in 2012 and they released an EP entitled “Baptized in Blood and Greed” in 2013. “Lobotomized” is their first full length studio album and I have the pleasure to present it to you.

THE COVER: The cover art is ruled by this dark green sick color and it fits to the whole atmosphere of the album. On the cover you can see a mad preacher with a serpent tongue and a snake on his right hand that lobotomizes a human with crosses plugged in his head and ear. Also on the background you can see 3 figures with costumes that watch the whole process. The cover really sums up the lyrical content of the whole album and it is dark and well detailed.
MUSICAL STYLE: Things here are quite clear my friends. BIOTOXIC WARFARE move on the path of thrash metal and sometimes, mainly cause of the harsh vocals, they enter in the fields of death metal. Their sound is also based on the riffs and the solo parts that are complicated, well performed and fit perfectly to the compositions. The band sounds very tight and experienced and above all in an extremely good mood for playing thrash metal.
COMPOSITIONS: The debut album of BIOTOXIC WARFARE consists of 8 tracks from which two with the title “Baptized in Blood and Greed” and “Lust for Hate” where also included in their previous EP that I have mentioned above. The influences of the band come both from the U.S. and German thrash metal scene and I think that an experienced listener can find influences from bands like SLAYER, KREATOR and DEATH. The musical ideas that the band displays here sound fresh and imaginative. 
CONCLUSION: Greece might live in an era of extreme austerity, but somehow this is not obvious on its scene which is productive and offers talented and extremely interesting bands. BIOTOXIC WARFARE belongs amongst the new thrash metal bands that stand out not only in the Greek scene, but globally and I think that they deserve the attention of every thrash metal maniac around the world.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: