Σάββατο 5 Μαρτίου 2016

KRYSTHLA – A War of Souls and Desires review



 KRYSTHLA – A War of Souls and Desires
Plastic Head Distribution
KRYSTHLA is a U.K. based newcoming band that released its debut album a few months ago. They may be new and “A War of Souls and Desires” may be their debut work, but the guys aren’t new to the scene since they were previously involved in the death metal band GUTWORM and the thrash metal band DEADEYE. So as you can understand the direction KRYSTHLA is following is extreme metal and more particularly it’s a death metal sub-genre enriched with other elements.

The most prominent of these elements are the math core or scream core touches, some grooves and a great deal of MESHUGGAH. This all means that “A War of Souls and Desires” is a very heavy album delivered by superb musicians with the utmost accuracy and precision, but for me personally the end result sounded flat and monotonous. I loved the rhythm section and I have to say the drummer does a killer job, but the overall impression it gave me was as if I was listening to one song throughout. It’s one dimensional and sounds pretty repetitive to my ears and the fact that I don’t like MESHUGGAH at all tops it off! I know there is a market out there for this sound and I’m sure plenty of metal heads will like it, but personally I’ll pass!
Christine  Parastatidou

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: