Σάββατο 9 Απριλίου 2016

BLOODTHIRST - Glorious Sinners review



 BLOODTHIRST - Glorious Sinners
    Pagan Records
It seems that it is my day to present veterans of the metal scene from different countries around the world. BLOODTHIRST are from Poland and as a band they exist from 1999. In all these years of their existence they have managed to release 3 studio albums, a live album, a compilation EP and splits. I think that you will agree if I say that BLOODTHIRST all these year were a very productive band.

Their new effort which will be released by Pagan Records on April 2016 is an EP which includes 5 compositions. I really love EPs and I actually support them because I think that it is better for a band to release a few good songs than an album with many filler songs. I think that less is more and most of the times it is proven to be a right choice.
The style that the band moves in musically is extreme thrash metal which of course is influenced by the 80’s sound of this genre. The band from the first song shows its love for bands like early KREATOR and SODOM, but they don’t copy these bands. They just use them as an inspiration or a guide if you prefer in order to craft their own songs. And if all these are not extreme enough to you, then let me tell you that the band also has some death metal (actually they brought to my mind DEATH) and proto black metal elements.
All in all BLOODTHIRST are able to create extreme thrash metal songs based on catchy riffs which also have variety. It is a really good release with all the songs being equally interesting and enjoyable. I think that thrash metal maniacs should check this out….
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: