Κυριακή 7 Αυγούστου 2016

WIDOW – Carved in Stone



WIDOW – Carved in Stone
Pure Steel Records
WIDOW is one of these bands that I haven’t followed closely, but I always end up listening to their albums and I even own some of them. Also they are a band that doesn’t rush to release a new album. Just check out their discography and you will see that there is a gap of 2, 4 and 5 years between their releases. Anyway, let us see what WIDOW have to offer us with their new album.

I have seen that some metal sites categorize the band under the tag of U.S. power metal, but it is a characterization that doesn’t describe in an accurate way their sound. For example, while I was listening to their new album, I had the sense that I was listening to a band that belongs to the N.W.O.B.H.M. sound. The only thing that made me realize this is an album of a contemporary band was the sound production. The thing though with WIDOW is that this “old school” touch in their sound comes very naturally, almost like they are musicians that come from that era. So, here you will listen to traditional heavy metal with some hard rock elements that has personality and of course draws inspiration from the British sound.

In an era that so many bands pop up and copy the old school sound, it is really hopeful to see a band like WIDOW that sounds old school, but also tries and succeeds to be original.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: