Τρίτη 28 Φεβρουαρίου 2017

CARCASS – Reek of Putrefaction Review




CARCASS – Reek of Putrefaction
Earache Records
This is sort of a garage kind of recording, CARCASS’s first official record. It’s raw-like production and grind blast beats has me drawn into liking the album. Of course the lyrics I cannot relate to but the music is what kicks major ass. It’s just uncompromising and at some points seems like just noise-core. But I still enjoyed it. I think that they had to start somewhere, I just think that they should’ve never gone mainstream. NAPALM DEATH never did, but they have a variable agenda I think.

The music is not too well heard it’s grind bits mixed with some lead overtones and bellowing vocals. I think Steer contributed a lot to the vox. But he got his start pretty much with NAPALM DEATH, so he knew what kind of guitar grind licks to dish out and Ken Owen blasting away to his riffs. The songs are short, reminiscent of NAPALM DEATH’s “From Enslavement to Obliteration” where Steer was in the guitar department. It’s good that he stuck around in the music industry still writing.

I think that the concept of this album is just to be blatantly obvious non-conformity as was depicted on the artwork to the main album cover. I just think that it was uncompromising with this album. That’s what makes it so great, even for a debut. Noise-core like I said. Just the early days where the band is working on musical progression they have to start somewhere!! I like this debut mostly because it’s raw like I said and it was well pieced together in terms of the songwriting.

The music is probably CARCASS’s least melodic to date, it’s mainly death/grind. That’s alright though because it still is incomprehensible. The most uncompromising CARCASS release to date. I favor their follow-up album though because it’s catchier and you can make out the music totally. It’s better overall. This one is still worth getting though if you haven’t already. It’s almost been in existence for 30 years just about!! Brutal, raw, fast and blatantly destructive to the eardrums.


Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: