Πέμπτη 29 Ιουνίου 2017

AMON AMARTH – Jomsviking Review




AMON AMARTH – Jomsviking
Metal Blade Records
Even though I’m a melodic death metal freak, I’ve not heard enough of this band their discography “Jomsviking” is the only other album I’ve heard from theirs aside from “Deceiver of the Gods”. I am impressed with the music and I like the vocals too. The lyrics were well written too, even though I’m not into their concepts (Vikings, etc.), but still the vocals accompanied the guitars just right. One helluv a guitar frenzy.

This album reminds me a bit of HYPOCRISY’s “End of Disclosure” without the synthesizers. A very likable release despite what the naysayers have commented about it rendering it an “F” whereas I view it as a “B”. The music and vocals are the best things to comment about. And the production is solid. So, I don’t see what these people are killing this one about because it’s got substance.

The guitar work is totally melodic death metal. They have never sacrificed their genre and progressed to something else (style change). They’re veterans and still are kicking butt in this metal community. Definitely a solid listen to, all of the riffs were good and the energy it’s just filled with it. It’s one of those releases that you can listen to repeatedly and not get sick of.

The mixing quality is quite up there too, but yeah you can hear some of the Viking sort of vibe and essence of it. Not only is it displayed in the lyrics, but some of it is also in some of their riffs. But not every single song, just some songs. Most of it is a combination of that Viking sound with melodic guitars speed picking and palm muted guitar parts. They’ve got the vibe of the Nordic.

I really like this album and unless you hear it yourself, you’ll never experience the ultra awesome guitars and vocals. The drums are solid on here too. So I discredit these naysayers and I say that they don’t know good melodic death that sticks. This one hits home with me and I was proud to buy the CD. It’s featured on YouTube, but as I always say, support the band and buy the album!!


Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: