Σάββατο 22 Ιουλίου 2017

IMMOLATION – Atonement Review




IMMOLATION – Atonement
Nuclear Blast Records
My opinion changed as I listened to this with my earbuds on rather than on my boom box. One thing definitely stood out, and that was the music. The vocals don’t really change song-to-song. It’s deep growling accompanied by dark lyrics. But well written, however. These guys made a great contribution to 2017 album releases and I’m also glad that they’ve been getting good scores in terms of ratings.

The overall production is quality so everything is in synchrony with everything else. The guitars are heavy, chunky, a lot of slow riffs. But they’re good and original. Well, the guitars fit the vocals well and the drums well done too. Everything that makes of a good album, this is it. The music, lyrics, mixing and originality are all important and these guys made that possible.

What is always important to me when I hear an album are the guitars. Now that I’ve heard it on my earbuds the music is way more interesting than what I originally thought of it. I first reasoned that it was only average the first times I heard it. But NOW!! This is quality death metal, and the overall aura to this release is dark. But that’s what they wanted here. Something grim and unique.

So putting it all together, IMMOLATION took 4 years since their last album came out (“Kingdom of Conspiracy”). I’ve never been a big fan of this band, but this one changed my mind. It’s definitely quality death metal with unique style of guitars, which altogether were slow, moderate and in some cases fast. But the brutality factor is totally there. I really enjoyed reading their lyrics as well.

If you don’t own this already, buy the CD; don’t miss out on this great death release!! Sure, you can probably find it on YouTube a song or maybe the whole album. However, to keep the metal community alive, you should buy the album and not just hear it digitally downloaded (if that’s the case). Get the CD so you can listen to it on your computer, boom box and stereo!! It rules!!


Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: