Τρίτη 13 Μαρτίου 2018

HYPERION – Dangerous Days Reviews



HYPERION – Dangerous Days

Independent


Well, this is not the first Italian band under the name HYPERION that I have the chance to listen to, but it is definitely better. Actually when I received the CD I thought that they were the reunion of the Italian power metal band HYPERION that in 1999 released their one and as it seems only album entitled “Where Stone Is Unscarred” through Massacre Records. The logo, though, and mainly the music made me realize that I had to do with a totally different band.

“Dangerous Days”, which I imagine is the debut album of the band, introduces us to a group whose influences are deeply rooted in the 80’s metal sound, but they filter them through their own style and give them a fresh and contemporary touch. The main characteristics of the band’s sound are the memorable melodic lines that are supported by a tight and well synchronized rhythm section and enriched with some great and highly technical lead guitar parts and solos.  Also the voice of Michelangelo Carano with the Italian accent in the way he sings the English lyrics gives to the band an exotic element and he reminded me of another great Italian singer Morby of DOMINE, SABOTAGE and so many other great Italian bands.

As for the description of their sound, well I can say it is influenced by bands like JUDAS PRIEST, IRON MAIDEN, RIOT along with some speed metal elements that personally brought to my mind bands like ANNIHILATOR and OVERKILL. Also if you have listened to bands like WHITE SKULL and especially ANTHENORA then you will have a pretty clear image of what you will listen to here.

“Dangerous Days” is a very good heavy metal album that I can easily recommend to you because it is well balanced, highly technical and extremely catchy. Actually the more I listen to it the more I like it.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: