Παρασκευή 20 Απριλίου 2018

METALWINGS – Fallen Angel In The Hell EP



METALWINGS – Fallen Angel In The Hell EP

Independent


Bulgaria seems to have a strong metal scene which slowly but with steady steps becomes known to the whole world. It is a scene that can really offer bands for every taste of metal you may have. Recently, I have discovered METALWINGS and I thought to give them a try and check out this release that I am about to present to you.

Judging by the name of the band I thought that I had to do with a traditional metal group, but I couldn’t be more wrong. The band is a female fronted group that mixes elements of power and atmospheric metal with intense symphonic elements. Actually they fuse the classic metal instruments with other ones like the Irish flute and electric viola. Actually the usage of electric viola which produces a melancholic and even nostalgic dark sound gives to the band the element that makes them stand out, but that is not all. The compositions are very interesting to say the least and without diverging from the forms of the symphonic metal sound they are very pleasant to listen to and they have the necessary freshness that can attract friends of this genre. 

The comparisons that I can make in order to give you some hints about the sound of METALWINGS are with known bands like EPICA, KAMELOT, NIGHTWISH and even LEAVES’ EYES.

I am not a fan of symphonic metal, but METALWINGS surely do a very good work allowing me to easily recommend this to friends of the genre. Check this release out, because this year the band will release its debut studio album. 


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: